The holiday season tends to feel a bit like the gluttony bowl…
And if you’re trying to be healthy?? You’re running the looongest gauntlet ever!
TWO things to keep in mind:
First, willpower is an exhaustible resource.
You have to create a self-supporting environment to succeed!
Whether that’s eating a monster salad before you go, filling your fridge with pre-made healthy meals to reheat, or using any of the tips below… success requires a PLAN.
(And a backup plan too! Really folks, keep healthy food on the ready!)
Second, (and this is a biggie!) YOU’RE NOT THERE FOR THE FOOD.
You’re there for the laughter, the cheer, the socializing.
Make the holidays about fun times and GRATITUDE!
Focus on making memories. Being with family.
Food is not fun OR how we can measure participation in an activity.
When you feel like you’re missing out…
Remember there’s nothing you can’t have, but there’s lots you’re CHOOSING not to.
AND is eating junky foods really the best way you can “treat” yourself?
Give thanks and show gratitude to yourself. Be true to you!
PLUS all the familiar flavors are still available to you -- just repackaged in a new, healthy way!
- Only choose items you really want (rather than taking helpings of everything you don’t hate).
- Always fill half your plate with vegetables.
- If you’re going to splurge, have a drink OR dessert (not both).
- Be the last to start eating.
- Use a smaller plate or napkin, especially at buffets.
- Combat “just live a little” peer pressure by saying, “I’m doing good right now and one bite will really derail me, but please, you go ahead and enjoy!”
P.S. MOST IMPORTANTLY if you do slip up… don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.
P.P.S. Annual Meal Plan Premium Memberships will be back for the LAST TIME on Cyber Monday (that's this coming Monday, November 30th)! ONE DAY ONLY! Stay tuned for more deets!